Best Mattress for Back, Neck, Hip, Lower Back Pain | Mattress for Chronic Pains Guide
Best Mattress for Chronic Pains: Most of the people wake up with back pain in the morning. Sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress will give you radiating pain right from the neck to the spinal cord. This pain can be easily avoided if you know the type of mattress that suits your body type.
Best Mattress for Chronic Pains
Basically, when it comes to purchasing a Best Mattress for Chronic Pains the two things to be kept in mind are:
- The Support layer: It provides the required support needed in a sitting or lying position on the mattress. The core comprises of many coils or innersprings which are made of steel springs. The coil can be of four types namely, Bonnel, Continuous, Offset and Pocket Springs.
- The Upholstery layer is mainly for providing comfort and cushioning to the person sitting or lying on the mattress. The Upholstery layer consists of three parts namely, insulator, middle upholstery, and the quilt.
Mattress for Back pain
Some questions that should be answered while buying a mattress for back pain are:
- How firm or soft should a mattress be that provides support to the back?
- What type of coils should I choose depending on the needs?
- Which type of upholstery material suits the need best?
A mattress which gives you relief from back pain should have the following:
- Maximum Support for the Spinal Cord: The mattress will give you continuous support and body will be in full contact with the mattress, thereby the body weight is evenly distributed. It helps to keep the spinal cord straight.
- Firm/Soft mattress: A firmer mattress will support the body more appropriately than a soft one. But at the same time, you should not buy a mattress that is too firm.
Best Mattress For Lower Back
The following mattresses for low back pain are:
- Latex mattress: it is made up of spongy material called latex which has pin cores. It provides relief and pushes the body upwards. It has difficulty in adjusting to the natural body contouring.
- Spring mattress: it is made up of thousands of individual springs. It supports and adjusts itself to the contours of the body. It is uncomfortable to use as on a long run as 30% of the body sins inside the mattress.
- Memory foam mattress: It is the best mattress for back pain. It provides support to the lumbar region of the spine. It keeps the spine aligned with the mattress. The combination of a hard base and a plush memory foam layer makes it the best mattress for hip and back pain.
There is not one single best mattress for hip and back pain. Each person is different and one or other mattress works best for back pain. When choosing the best mattress for lower back. The mattress should be neither too soft nor too firm. This allows people with low back pain to sustain their back and offers sufficient firmness to maintain their back in the right position and alignment.
Mattress for Neck Pain
A neck supports the head and is the passageway for the spinal cord. Neck pain is not a serious thing but if it consistent, we need to choose as to which is the best mattress for neck pain. Everybody has a different sleeping position. It is difficult to alter the natural sleeping position as you are likely to move into that position while you sleep. Back sleepers should go for a more firm mattress to provide proper support to the natural spinal curvature. It is the best posture for sleeping and reducing neck pain.
Side Sleepers should choose a softer mattress to allow pressure point contouring. It should be paired with a pillow which is slightly raised so that the neck can fully decompress and relax.
The mattress for neck pain for stomach sleepers is a firm mattress which holds your hips to prevent it from sinking and causing low back pain. A body pillow is often helpful to keep the neck well supported.
Best Mattresses For Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal condition in which there is a widespread muscle pain, joint pain, fatigue and depression. People show symptoms of less deep sleep, frequent arousals during the night. The best mattress for fibromyalgia is memory foam mattress. It contours the body and gives additional support needed. It relieves the pressure points more. Innerspring mattresses are not good for fibromyalgia sufferers. The best mattresses for fibromyalgia should not be too soft or too hard. Air should flow easily in and out of the mattresses. Innerspring offers the most breathability followed by latex, gel, advanced polyfoam and traditional memory foam. For more info on Best Mattress for Chronic Pains, keep visiting our Best Cheap Mattress portal regularly.